Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

How can high blood pressure related to diabetes be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12796 Questions
I am 31 years old, 5'8", 255lbs and have been diagnosed with insulin resistance. A few months ago I was singing (I have sang since I was old enough to talk) and while hitting a higher note, I got a wierd lightheaded feeling. Since then I have felt pressure in my head which makes me light headed, anxiety (about the symptoms), fatigue, and a stiff neck. The symptoms tend to lessen when I eat carbs. I started taking Cinnimon and Chromium and it worked for 1 month, then the symptoms came back. I went to my GP and had a fasting metabolic panel ran. She said all of my numbers were good. Also, my BP was a little high, 134/something.
Fri, 4 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hi Stephens,

Thanks for your query.

High blood pressure associated with diabetes both these diseases increase your risk of having any arterial mishap like stroke or angina.

On striking a higher note, there must have been a transient increased intracranial tension and this might have caused a small bleed inside your head making you light headed.But persistence of these symptoms for more than a month means that there is a psychological factor associated with it.
You need to see a psychotherapist who will help you.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor