How can hemorroids be treated for the long term?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have had haemerroids for some time now. It is not acute. The doctor I consulted prescribed anti-haemerroid cream which I used for some time and stopped as it did not help.

I still have the problem. Although it is not very painful or discomforting yet. I would want a more long term remedy, before it worsens. What are the best options available in treatment in India?

especially, surgery vs laser treatment? pros and cons.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please give detailed history.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better and answer your questions:
Since when have you got the problems?
Has the definite diagnosis been made by per-rectal examination and Ano-proctoscopy? If yes what was the diagnosis done and grade or extent of the problems?
What are the symptoms that you are facing?
Like:
Constipation/ Hard stools?
Pain after passing stool?
Bleeding? If yes, with stool or after the stool is passed?
Pain in abdomen?
Any other history?
Any diagnosis by a General Surgeon or a Proctologist?

Please give detailed history.
Awaiting.