How can heat boils be treated while being on Benzoyl Peroxide?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My son has heat boils on Face, Head, Back, shoulder bone. Day by day, the size of the heat boil is increasing also it is spreading across.
Applied - Benzoyl Peroxide 5%, regularly and the growth has stopped.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Add oral antiacne antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Perhaps he has inflammatory acne. In addition to the topical benzoyl peroxide gel I also suggest an oral antiacne antibiotic e.g either Doxycycline 100mg or Lymecycline 408mg Or Azithromycin 500mg. Oral antibiotics are more effective in inflammatory acne.
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner regarding a prescription for the same.