How can heart disease be interpreted through an ECG reports?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 18 Jul 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello Doc,
I am requesting you to please evaluate the attached reports and help understanding the problem.
My mom got a severe pain in the back upper middle back and chest in the morning post breakfast she took Rantac tablet , and one syrub for gas/ acidity but the pain did not subside, the pain aggravated and seems like the pain was rotating sometime in the back then chest then back .
she rushed to the hospital got the ECG and stress test done , the pain has now subsided she did not take any medication for the same. Can you please see whether the stress reports and ECG shows any changes or any episode related to heart please .
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reports are not suggestive of heart disease but needs to evaluate more

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the reports, but these are not showing any changes suggestive of heart disease.
I need to know more about the symptoms. Does this pain was sudden in onset, associated any sweating, uneasiness etc and was ecg done during chest pain? Does there any neck pain, tingling or numbness in hands? This is for cervical cause.
Here, I ll keep the possibility of reflux disease and spine cause as a reason for pain. But, I think considering her age and risk factors, we should evaluate her more for cardiac cause. She should undergo stress thallium if available and if not available, then CT coronary angiography can also be done.
Till then she should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.
She should get prescribed tab Pan DSR 40 mg or esomiprazole domperidone combination beforebreakfast once a day for 2 weeks.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj