How can headache, light sensitivity, cold sensation and low energy be treated?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi. I have a mild headache for approximately 8 hours, am sensitive to light, feel cold, no energy. I am feeling like muscle aches are coming on. This is the first time I have felt like this. I am 64 years old and generally in excellent shape. I do take a mild dose of blood pressure medication, starting about 7 years ago. No problems with diabetes, cholesterol or triglycerides. No glaucoma.

Sorry, I did take two aspirin approximately 6 hours ago. I try not to take medicine as much as possible, thinking that relying on my body to fight the issues is better.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common viral infections may be the cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Symptoms you describe are commonly caused by conditions such viral infections, common flu, etc.

I suggest you monitor your body temperature too, besides waiting and seeing how it is going. Stay well hydrated by drinking a lot of water, take rest and have some warm liquids (eg. soups, broths etc.).

If no fever and no improvement in a couple of days, you should see your Doctor and discuss with him about your issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 35 minutes later
I will follow your advice, and if there is no significant improvement tomorrow, I will follow-up with you. Perhaps other symptoms will come that may change your prognosis.

Thank you!!
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Okay. You can follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Okay, let me know how it is going.

Feel free to discuss with me about your health issues.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana