How can hardness near the vaginal skin be treated?

Question
I am having a problem with a tough skin on down in my vagina. please help
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see as below

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. In order for me to answer your question, I need more information so if you would answer the following questions for me, I would be able to help.
When did you first notice this? How does the skin look like? Is there any itching on the area? If yes, what degree? Is there itching also during sleep? Do you use feminine hygiene products? Have you ever had vaginal thrush?

Please answer the questions in this order.
Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: How can hardness near the vaginal skin be treated? 39 hours later
I first noticed this about a week ago. I can't see it, but it feels rough, inflamed. no itching. I do use vagisal wash. never had vaginal thrush. I'm worried about the roughness and dryness. it doesn't feel right. please help

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Refrain from using hygienic products

Detailed Answer:
First, I recommend you stop using any hygienic products on your intimate areas, soap included. Use Chamomile tea wash a few times per day and wear cotton underwear. This should bring relief and softening of the skin.

If after a few days you do not experience any relief, I recommend you see a gynaecologist.

I hope this helps.
Wishing you good health and all the best.