Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

How can hardness near the vaginal skin be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 557 Questions
I am having a problem with a tough skin on down in my vagina. please help
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see as below

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. In order for me to answer your question, I need more information so if you would answer the following questions for me, I would be able to help.
When did you first notice this? How does the skin look like? Is there any itching on the area? If yes, what degree? Is there itching also during sleep? Do you use feminine hygiene products? Have you ever had vaginal thrush?

Please answer the questions in this order.
Waiting for your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can hardness near the vaginal skin be treated? 39 hours later
I first noticed this about a week ago. I can't see it, but it feels rough, inflamed. no itching. I do use vagisal wash. never had vaginal thrush. I'm worried about the roughness and dryness. it doesn't feel right. please help
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Refrain from using hygienic products

Detailed Answer:
First, I recommend you stop using any hygienic products on your intimate areas, soap included. Use Chamomile tea wash a few times per day and wear cotton underwear. This should bring relief and softening of the skin.

If after a few days you do not experience any relief, I recommend you see a gynaecologist.

I hope this helps.
Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor