• question-icon

How can gum disease in a child be treated?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Child Health
Question: my baby is facing issue related to mouth problem and her toun as well as gum is having small small infection due to that she is not able to take any food since 3 days now i am giving A to Z syrup (multivitamin &mutiminral) So please suggest me what can I do for this problem Baby age is 3.5 Yrs
and if brush are doing in morning blod are showing with gum and throwing water ....
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin B2 deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The mentioned problems are likely to occur due to vitamin B2 (riboflavin) deficiency. A-to-Z contains this vitamin along with many others. You can look up dietary sources from the following link:
https://www.dietitians.ca/Your-Health/Nutrition-A-Z/Vitamins/Food-Sources-of-Riboflavin-(Vitamin-B2).aspx

Continue giving it and it should resolve in 5-7 days. You need to be patient till then.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician