How can gallstones be treated?
Requires surgery as explained.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history about your colleague and understood the concerns.
Posting the original report would have helped me more to assist better.
If there is even a single attack of gallbladder with stones confirmed surgery should be done for the following reasons:
There can be recurrent attacks.
Small stones can pass to bile ducts and cause obstructive jaundice or pancreatitis which are dangerous disease.
Hence to avoid the complications surgery should be done.
There are no sure-shot medications that can remove the gallstones hence surgery is a must.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is agap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gallstone surgery how long it takes
- How multiple gallstones can be diagnosed
- How to dissolve gallstones
- Aloe vera juice treats gallstones
- What causes gallstones and how are they treated
- How big is 8 mm gallstone
- How big is a 7mm gallstone
- How big is a 8mm gallstone
- How many gallstones
- How to ease gallstone pain