question-icon

How can fungal infection on the head of the penis be completely cured?

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2019
Question: Hello. I have some sort of fungal infection on the head of my penis. I have been to the doctor twice. Got cream prescribed to me the first time and the 2nd time got Diflucan prescribed. Symptoms seemed to go away slighty but I still have discomfort and irritation around the head and the tip of the penis is still a bit red. I dont have any pain with urination or discharge and the doctor said its not a UTI or STD. I was checked for both. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now so what iam really wondering is when will this clear up? Its stressing me out and I already take medication for depression. Any tips/ideas on when this will be gone? Sometimes it burns or aches even when im just sitting around doing nothing. I still use the creams twice a day.
Answered by Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Continue taking medications

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for query.

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have a genital fungal infection.

Continue taking Diflucan along with antifungal gel-like Candid cream for local application. It takes 2-3 weeks for complete resolution of the issue.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks and Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (4 minutes later)
I only had the diflucan perscribed as a single dose. Took it 1 time over a week ago.
Answered by Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Take Fluconazole.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up.

Take Fluconazole.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,
Dr. P. T. Patil, Urologist
Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist