How can frequent sharp pain in the stomach along with gas be treated when diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus?
Oral Esomeprazole will be very helpful.
In the presence of Barrett's esophagus, the possibility of a coexisting gastro-esophageal reflux disease is very high.
I generally prescribe oral medications of Esomeprazole to my patients with such symptoms.
As BE is a premalignant condition, it's advisable to get a latest Upper Gastrointestinal endoscopy and a possible biopsy to determine further course of action.
Avoid fried and fatty food stuff. Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if he can prescribe these medications and tests to you.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Very sharp pain in stomach when inhale
- Sharp pain in lower stomach when pooping
- Sharp pain in stomach when hungry
- Sharp pain in esophagus
- Sharp pain in stomach when i cough
- Sharp pain when i push on stomach
- Sharp pain when i press my esophagus
- Sharp pain in stomach when taking a poo
- Sharp pain in esophagus when swollowing
- Sharp pain when i squeeze my stomach