question-icon

How can frequent periods and weight gain with an enlarged uterus be treated?

Posted on Mon, 10 Sep 2018
Question: My recent ultrasound report shows 80*70*53 mm with coarse echo pattern and bulky uterus
I m getting my periods every 15 days and gaining weight. Please advise medication
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:

Hormonal pills will help.

Detailed Answer:

The coarse echopattern of uterus and slightly enlarged in size is not worrisome.

The irregular and frequent bleeding that you are having is likely to be due to a hormonal imbalance.

You can try the following to decrease the bleeding.

1) Take iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF, Ibuprofen and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding.

You will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines.

3) You can go for minera IUD once the cause is detected.

4) Eat healthy and leafy vegetables and fruits.

5) D&C may also be helpful in some cases.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN