• question-icon

How can fever and cold in a child be treated?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Child Health
Question: My daughter have fever last five days with cold. Yesterday she got reddish coloured mark around her urine place. We have visited Near by physician. Physician give paracetamol and antibiodic. But only less effective. She now playing well.but temperature near by around 100 degrees​ °F. Now reddish coloured mark is disappearing. What I do ?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Be patient. Complete the course of antibiotics. Give plenty of fluids.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections. However your doctor must have had reasons to suspect some bacterial association for which he has prescribed antibiotics. Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. You therefore need to be patient.

I would insist you to upload an image of the reddish patch. It would help me to comment whether it could be serious. However, since it is resolving I guess there is no reason to worry.

If your child has fever with temperature more than 100°F, you need to give paracetamol or acetaminophen (P-250, Crocin or Tylenol) to it bring down. Also use tepid sponging.

Give her plenty of water to drink.

If the child is otherwise active and playful you have no reason to worry and all you need to do is to wait for a few more days.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
I have attached yesterday day and today's​ prescription. two hours ago we consulted with physician. physician told me that give all syrups of yesterday and today. I want your opinion about this ?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medicines are proper

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have checked both the prescriptions. The medicines are proper and can be given (both prescriptions). As I have already mentioned, you need to be patient.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician