Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

How can fetus be aborted without medical help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 3288 Questions
Dr my wife is pregnant or we do not want baby now we have already 2 kids & we are live in village their is no medical facilities are available . Pl suggest us what we are doing
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Best to consult a doctor for guidance... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following point(s) need worth mentioning before opting for any system of medicine. Medical termination of pregnancy laws are not the same for all health care practitioners. It remains the same even for ayurveda. Accordingly the MTP [medical termination of pregnancy] Act defines the place, person and the conditions under which a pregnancy can be terminated. Under the act, abortion can be provided only by a registered medical practitioner who has the necessary qualification, training and experience in performing MTP and only at a place which has the facilities, meeting standards specified in the Rules and Regulations of the MTP Act. It is illegal and unethical to try abortion through internet search and web information. Moreover abortion is associated with serious complications, a few even life threatening ones. Therefore I do recommend all my patients to follow up with the treating doctor during and after the procedure. Ayurveda doctor has to establish the following facts before and after the procedure: i. Whether he/she is empowered to perform MTP. ii. The age of the foetus [opinion of second doctor.] iii. Was the product of conception evacuated completely? Without an opportunity to physically examine the patient and monitor the process of termination, it is very unsafe and unethical on my part to suggest you the measures. So please visit your healthcare provider for safe termination. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika Clinic
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor