How can fecal incontinence be treated?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have hemorrhoids, I take 50 million culture probiotic, often have loose stool, cant go completely at one sitting, sometimes pass gas uncontrollably, will leak some after a movement. anything I can do ?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be fecal incontinence.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.
From what I can understand, I guess you have written leakage of stools with gas. So my answer is based on that if I got you wrong you may please revert back.

Leakage of stool can be suggestive of fecal incontinence.Fecal incontinence causes stool and other fecal matter to leak from your rectal canal. It can range from occasional leakage while passing gas to a complete loss of bowel control.So initially I would suggest you go for a digital rectal examination by a surgeon.Most commonly at your age nerve damage is an important cause of fecal incontinence.

For the time being
Anti-diarrheal drugs such as loperamide (Imodium) and diphenoxylate and atropine sulfate (Lomotil) along with bulk-forming agents like Metamucil can be taken to provide symptomatic relief however they may cause constipation which can further worsen the problem of hemorrhoid.

So initially would suggest you visit a general surgeon and get your rectal canal investigated.

Hope I was helpful. Feel free to ask further.
Thanks!