• question-icon

    How can facial deformities after buccal carcinoma surgery be treated?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Dear Sir,
on 10th April my operation done of CA RIGHT BUCEAL MUCOSA
procedure: Extended neck dissection + marginal mandibulectomy 4+to RMT+ upper alveloctomy+radial artery free flap + skin grafting done on 10-04-2017 due to (Squamous cell Carcinoma)
I have also taken as per need radiotherapy on 30 days after that my face shape are scattered which I want to re-shape as per my old shape is it possible through out surgery which I want to know and if yes then what will be procedure for this
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Facial reconstruction surgery can be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You need to visit a cosmetic surgeon (a specific type of plastic surgeon) who could evaluate you and let you know how far this can be done. The procedure is simply called facial reconstruction surgery. Although reconstruction can be done and attempt to restore the previous shape can be made, you should by no means expect the output to be comparable to the original shape prior to the surgery.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 23 hours later
Dear sir

I am sending my photo before and after
Kindly see and confirm which surgery will be best for me and am living in XXXXXXX so where it can be better to operate
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
List provided

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have gone through both the images. Let me assure you that the reconstruction has been pretty good. I understand that it is not as good as your former self. But I think that rather than going for surgery after surgery to enhance the looks, it is perhaps better to accept the present status and move on. You would still remain who you are.

If you still want to go for cosmetic surgery, you can seek assistance at the following places:

Kalda Burn & Plastic Surgery Centre
Address: Above XXXXXXX Dignostics, Near Colors Mall,, Pachpedi Naka, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 492006
Phone: 098271 43060

Kalda Burn & Plastic Surgery Centre
Address: Opp. R.K.C, GE Road, Choubey Colony, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 492001
Phone: 077122 59800

Dr XXXXXXX Shome, Plastic Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgeon
Plastic surgeon in Kashigarh, XXXXXXX
Address: Shop No 4, XXXXXXX Building no 3, Off 90 Ft Road,, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX East,, XXXXXXX 400101
Phone: 090046 71379

Om Hospital , Burn Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center
Address: main road badhaipara, opp. rajdhani blood bank, Titya Para Rd, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 492001
Phone: 083700 08551


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4438 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Radial artery

doctor1 MD

My husband is 50 years old and having problems at work in which he has to work to overtime on some evenings and every weekend. He also operates a...

doctor1 MD

Can you please help me understand the Angiography report. Its old but i wanted to understand.

doctor1 MD

im a 47 yr old male. im a left handed tattoo artist. its my life. i ride a motorcycle. i was diagnosed with severe carpal tunnel. but a pain in my...

doctor1 MD

I cut the palm of my hand, it was more like a stabbing motion it was deep it blead a lot I think I cut the radial artery I did not go to the...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I recently underwent angioplasty and a stent was inserted through my right wrist. After the procedure a cuff was inserted on my wrist that...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

174 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation