Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How can erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation be treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
age 26
hight 6 feet 1 inch
wieght - 82 kg
medically fit, no previous desease
i just got married a few days back.

my problem is as follows:

i use to masterbate a lot for almost 7-8 years.
now at the time of sex, i could not get an erraction or if i get one i could not keep it for long.
generally i need to use my hand to get errection. even sometimes i dont get it with my hand also.

also whenever i tried to penetrate, iether i ejeculated before or i could not penetrate because my penis got softened.

i feel my penis is not hard enough for penetration sex.
my problem is getting bad because we could not have penetration sex even after 15 days of marriage.
please guide
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Erectile dysfunction is inability to maintain erection during sexual intercourse.It can be due to various diseases as Diabetes, high blood pressure, and so on. But in young males the main cause is performance anxiety and stress.

Some suggestions for you:
1)Go to bed relaxed without any stress and anxiety.
2)Increase the foreplay time so that both of you are excited.
3)Use "Start and Stop Technique" in which after penetration stroke and then stop for sometime.This technique has been helpful in many patients suffering from the same problem.
4)Stop smoking and alcohol if you smoke as it has a major effect on erection.
5)Do some form of exercise or go for a brisk walk daily. It increases blood flow.
6)Do not mastrubate and if required only when excited.
7)You can apply artificial gels as Lidocaine gels for excitement.
8)If all these things do not help then you can consider taking some medications but they should be avoided at a young age.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation be treated ? 5 days later
Thanks Ms. Mitaly for your valuable advice but i belive lidocaine gel will only help to reduce sensation and increase sex time.

but my main problem is getting an eraction and maintaning it. my penis does not get hard enough while eract/semi-eract and am not able to maintain eraction for sufficient time. thats why i am not able to penetrate till now.

please guide on this.

i know my problem is more of pshycological then physical, but its getting difficult to get over it, please guide if at all i need medication.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

As you mentioned that you are not able to maintain the erection and sustain it so Lidocaine gel helps in maintaining erection for longer period and thus helps in penetration.You can apply it about 20 minutes before intercourse and then wash it off just before penetration.Another option is to use lidocaine lubricated condoms as they also help in prolonging ejaculation.
I really do not feel that you require medication at this stage but if nothing helps at all consider visiting a Urologist for examination and medications if required.

Hope this helps!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation be treated ? 22 hours later
Dear Ms. Mitaly,
thanks for guidance. could you please suggest any brand of condome which contain lidocaine lubrication.

also please suggest a brand of lidocaine gel. is it available over the counter.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 hours later

Thanks again

You can buy Prilox gel which is available OTC and for the condom you can check with the Pharmacy store regarding any suitable brand.

Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor