Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

179 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can elevated random blood sugar levels be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Saumya Mittal


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 2877 Questions

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 in Diabetes
Question: My son's shot level is 199. Please guide me.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He's a diabetic.

Detailed Answer:


At FBS 241, PPBS 396, HBA1C 10.4 he's likely to be a type 1 diabetic. I think your doctor would have suggested initiating insulin.

A part of the query is that his levels are 199.

Please inform us which levels are you talking about?
Did you mean SGOT levels?
Or did you mean some levels that suddenly SHOT up? Please clarify.

in either case, I would like to know what were the levels previously.

Please let us know if any other test has been done like an ultrasound of the abdomen.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Saumya Mittal , Diabetologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on