How can dryness, itchiness and burning sensation along the eyelids be treated?

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Thu, 22 Nov 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have been having issues with my eyelids, skin is very itchy and dry, often swells a bit on the top over my eyeball and has a stinging or burning sensations. Gets worse towards the end of my day. Vaseline or Neosporin helps with the dryness and it hung but only temporarily. What is going on? This started with dry flaking skin about a month ago and has developed into this.

Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eczema.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query...

You seem to have eczema over the eyelids. It would be good to upload a photograph to clearly see it.

Stop using any cosmetics on the face temporarily.

Use cold presses over the area when it burns
If it is eczema hydrocortisone over the counter cream can help. Apply this without entering the eye.

Any emollient helps for dryness and flaking. This can be tried before using Hydrocortisone cream.

I hope you do not have any other medical problems or lumps on the eyelids.

Hope this solves your problem.

Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician