Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can dizziness be treated after a c-section?

Answered by
Dr. Aarti Abraham


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 6011 Questions

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello doctor.. I had my second child via c section 4 months ago..i am breast feeding exclusively.. everyday i feel very dizzy and tired.. i am consuming alot of food but im busy throughout the day.. im also hypothyroid and i take 50mcg in the morning...what can i do to stop the dizziness and headspin? Is there any medication doctor?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As below.

Detailed Answer:

When was your last thyroid levels checked ?
Is your BP and sugar normal ?
I think if you do not take enough fluids ( liquids ), that can lead to dizziness.
Also, please get up from sleeping or sitting position very gradually, as it can lead to sudden dizziness.
If inspite of all measures, this persists, then contact a neurophysician to rule out vertigo or other reasons for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Yes doctor.. my sugar and bp is normal and thyroid is within range .. the headspin occurs everyday and I am unable to carry on activities. I have broken sleep cycle at night because i feed the baby. Also sometimes i feel a drop of liquid coming out of my left ear. No ear pain as such. Is there any more home remedies i can try? Or any medication that does not get into the milk?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
I think you should immediately consult an ENT ear nose throat specialist.
Fluid from ear and black spins indicate a possible ear infection.
Home remedies maybe very dangerous, please consult a doctor soon.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care

Dr. Aarti Abraham, OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on