How can discomfort in the leg muscles be treated?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi, for about the last week, I've had discomfort in my right leg at the popliteal crease. I become aware of it when I bend the knee less than 90 degrees. There's nothing I can feel or otherwise point to.
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
The discomfort in the leg that you are feeling can be due to a muscle spasm. Doing a hot compress can help in relieving the spasm. You can also get an oral muscle relaxant prescribed for relief in case it is persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal