How can dilated cardiomyopathy be treated?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My husband has been recently diagnosed of dilated cardiomyopathy. His age is 39 years. LVEF 25%. Doctor have prescribed medicine named as CIDMUS Assurance and CTD. What special care should I take? Please advise. I m a working women and planning to quit my job to take care of him
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following things you need to take care

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you of your husband I can very well understand your concern for his health and I would like to tell you that it's very important for the patient that his caretaker's should be very strong emotionally as that will boost confidence in patient itself and improves the outcome.

Things which you need to take care are

1. Be very regular with his medicines and make sure he will take them on right time.

2. Water and fluid intake has to be limited to 1 to 1.5 ltrs per day which includes plain water as well as other stuff like juice, coffee etc. The more the water intake the more he will be breathless.

3. If he smokes then it's the time now to quit completely. No excuses at all.

4. If expenses can be handled then you can quit your job. But if he is sincere about his problem and consequences then no need to quit.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D