How can declining short-term memory after a fall and injury to the head showing mild cortical atrophy be treated?
Until some of what I read yesterday. I also occasionally pause/hesitate trying to get a word out.
Last week I fell and hit my head, MD ordered CT Scan..no concussion but showed mild cortical atrophy.
Would this be an early form of Dementia/Alzheimer's? Thank you
Probably mild cognitive impairment.
These symptoms indicate that there may be mild cognitive impairment, so, getting evaluated by neuropsychological tests and by your Neurologist is necessary.
This evaluation also should include conditions that may cause cerebrovascular diseases which may affect cognitive functions too.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeplessness short term memory fear after taking dexpoten alternate medicine
- Short term memory loss after intubation
- Vomiting unconsciousness after a fall and head injury worry
- How to cure short term memory loss
- How are head injuries treated in children
- Short-term memory after stroke
- How to treat fall mediated shoulder injury
- How are head injuries and seizures treated
- How can short term memory loss be treated
- How to improve short-term memory