How can cysts on the head be treated as per the attached image?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Child Health
Question: hi doc
my daughter is 1 month old.she is having 2-3 pocks on her head.pls advise what shall i do to cure it.
attached image .
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Does not seem to be a cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached image. It could be a simple harmless sebaceous cyst. Such a thing could be formed due to accumulation of sebaceous secretions in sebaceous glands as the opening gets blocked. A clinical examination would be needed for confirmation. Since it does not look troublesome I think you need not worry. Leave it alone. Unless the size seems to rapidly increase you need not bother about it.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 19 minutes later
can i apply coconut oil to it?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will not help.

Detailed Answer:
You can apply coconut oil. But do not expect it to help. Contrary to popular belief, oil is not absorbed through skin. It only makes the skin appear shiny.