How can constipation be treated despite being on Metamucil?
I would suggest you to use lactilol granules in combination with isabghul husk.They are very safe and can be used for a long time without any side effect.
Occasionally polyethylene glycol can also be used in 10 to 15 ml doses.
Constipation is a side effect of Naltrexone and just taking Metamucil won't help.
Don't be too concerned as patients with liver and heart problems are taking laxatives like lactilol lactulose safely for years.
Yohimbine supplement on capsule daily(acts best on brown fat)
L carnitine 1000 mg once daily for better results.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat severe constipation with ivf
- How to treat baby constipation
- How to treat constipation with onglyza
- How to treat ibs constipation
- How to treat masturbation mediated constipation
- Metamucil for constipation does it work
- How can i treated severe constipation
- How to treat ivf constipation
- How to treat travelers constipation
- How to treat constipation in children
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses