How can constant soreness in the mouth be treated?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello, I have a sore mouth since more than two months now. Went to the doctor, got antifungal mouth wash but it did not go. now i am noticing my upper lip is changing color. I got mouth peeling too some days back. and i still feel the soreness. When I first went to the clinic, I was told it could be a viral infection that would go by itself or allergy. I used to wake up with swollen lips at that time, not anymore. What would you advise me?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Allergic reaction..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

Your symptoms are pointing towards allergic reaction only..

Please provide following details so that I can guide you better..

1.Do you have a dry mouth?
2.Do you have any medical problems or are you on any medication?
3.Are you known Allergic to anything?
4.Are the symptoms seen after eating anything?

Please revert back..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 25 minutes later
I have allergies to nuts, seafoods etc...as well as metrogil. But I am not getting any hive on lips anymore. The whitening is not vitiligo i hope? And it's been going for quite long now.

I don't have a dry mouth as such. And I don't observe these after eating particular foods.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
It looks more like Allergy only..

Can you please upload a picture so that I can advise better??

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 5 hours later
here is one picture the hypopigmentation I am more concerned about...
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like skin condition.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
I have viewed the image and it looks like skin problem..
You should consult a Dermatologist and get evaluated..
Hypopigmentation can be due a number of causes so first of all exact cause should be ruled out..

Hope this helps..

Regards..