Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

How can constant soreness in the mouth be treated?

May 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 12995 Questions
Hello, I have a sore mouth since more than two months now. Went to the doctor, got antifungal mouth wash but it did not go. now i am noticing my upper lip is changing color. I got mouth peeling too some days back. and i still feel the soreness. When I first went to the clinic, I was told it could be a viral infection that would go by itself or allergy. I used to wake up with swollen lips at that time, not anymore. What would you advise me?
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Allergic reaction..

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query..

Your symptoms are pointing towards allergic reaction only..

Please provide following details so that I can guide you better..

1.Do you have a dry mouth?
2.Do you have any medical problems or are you on any medication?
3.Are you known Allergic to anything?
4.Are the symptoms seen after eating anything?

Please revert back..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can constant soreness in the mouth be treated? 25 minutes later
I have allergies to nuts, seafoods well as metrogil. But I am not getting any hive on lips anymore. The whitening is not vitiligo i hope? And it's been going for quite long now.

I don't have a dry mouth as such. And I don't observe these after eating particular foods.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload pictures.

Detailed Answer:
It looks more like Allergy only..

Can you please upload a picture so that I can advise better??

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can constant soreness in the mouth be treated? 5 hours later
here is one picture the hypopigmentation I am more concerned about...
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like skin condition.

Detailed Answer:
I have viewed the image and it looks like skin problem..
You should consult a Dermatologist and get evaluated..
Hypopigmentation can be due a number of causes so first of all exact cause should be ruled out..

Hope this helps..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor