How can complex regional pain syndrome after hand injury be treated?
Short course of steroids can be tried.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.
I have noted your clinical details. At this point, you could try a short course (8-12 weeks) of oral steroids. It helps many patients and is safe too. In my patients, I often prescribe prednisolone 60-80 mg/day.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Regional pain syndrome causes
- How is complex regional pain syndrome treated
- Complex regional pain syndrome after ganglion cyst removal gone wrong
- Chronic regional pain syndrome causes
- Have complex regional pain syndrome hydrocodone prescribed correct medication
- Diagnosis of chronic regional pain syndrome
- Symptoms of chronic regional pain syndrome
- Diagnosis of Regional pain syndrome
- Are joint stiffness, swelling and damage symptoms of complex regional pain syndrome?
- Symptoms of Regional pain syndrome