Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

How can chronic recurrent osteomyelitis of mandible be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions
I am looking for a Dr. Titan, a doctor who specializes in Bone infections and a friend of mine was treated by her at Specialty Select Hospital in Carrollton, Tx. I have a jawbone infection and it has never shown on a regular scan test before. I had to go to T.J. Mexico to get it fixed. It came back with vengeance and I'm in a lot of pain and I can't locate her. It was shown on a Cavitat Scan which most traditional doctors in Tx. don't recognize. It's a radiographic machine and it shows perfectly where the infection is. I had to have my entire mouth scraped as it was infected and all teeth pulled except for 6 on the bottom and my 4 root canals which all were infected removed. I felt great after this. Where do I go now except to leave XXXXXXX for treatment again. Mexico is XXXXXXX Thank you for your help.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 days later
Brief Answer: Find them Detailed Answer: Hi, Sounds to be chronic recurrent osteomyelitis of mandible. It is difficult but treatable. There is much better technology now than Cavitat scan. It helps to detect the exact location of the infection. Scintigraphy is much advanced. You just need to the right doctor to pin point the infection and the right doctor to treat it completely so that it does not recur. So you need a Oral Radiologist and Maxillo facial surgeon. So you should see at a centre which has both Department of Oral Radiology and Dept of Maxillo facial surgery under one roof. I guess these are the best place in XXXXXXX 1) The University of XXXXXXX Medical Branch Galveston, XXXXXXX USA - XXXXXXX E. XXXXXXX D.M.D & XXXXXXX E. Schow, D.D.S., 2) UT southwestern University, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, 5939 XXXXXXX Hines Blvd, Suite 210, Dallas, XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor