question-icon

How can chronic pain due to severe nerve damage, constipation, bloating and bile in throat be managed?

Posted on Tue, 14 Jan 2020
Question: I am a chronic pain patient with severe nerve damage so I’m on pain medication that usually makes me constipated but I can usually control it with oral stool softener etc. I’m on day 12 of no BM after all my usual mag citrate, miralaz, enema. Noothing but liquid from enema cextreme pain and bloated to state of bile in throat. What can I do next?Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here...
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
most likely impacted stool manual evacuation has to be done by nurse.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query,
Most likely you have fecal impaction and you have to go for Digital evacuation.It involves the use of fingers to aid in the removal of stool from the rectum.Stool is emptied by gently inserting a finger into the rectum and removing it.You need to go to the nearest healthcare provider or have to call a nurse for the same.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist