How can chronic pain and muscle twitching in the leg be treated?
You should get medical aid earliest.
Thanks for asking your query.
* The pain in legs while walking you have could be -
- Over strain to legs.
- Calcium & vitamin D deficiency causing bone/ muscle weakness,
-Sciatica ( nerve pressure at lumber spine or sciatic notch in pelvis ) which causes impaired nerve supply to nerves
- Hampered blood circulation in lower leg ( varicose veins/peripheral artery disease)..
*Management of the problem consists of proper diagnosis with consultation of a physician to start with, who will examine you physically & get you investigated (blood counts, Serum calcium & vitamin D, MRI to differentiate between arterial or nerve supply problem).
The physician will start treatment for replacement of calcium/vitamin D OR would refer you to vascular surgeon/ neurosurgeon for expert advise & treatment
CONSULT A PHYSICIAN EARLIEST..
* Self care- Take rest / avoid walking till diagnosis is made.
- Do not massage or foment till advised by treating doctor.
- Over the counter Calcium with Vitamin D, Vitamin E & NSAID like Ibuprofen would relieve pain to some extent.. till specific treatment starts.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Self care & expert advise would help.
Thanks for the follow-up query.
Anxiety is a self-gearing condition. You keep on thinking & pampering your mind about being anxious & it will go on grumbling. The point to be noted is.. to be self-determined to combat anxiety is essential.
Please don't worry, medical science would help you in doing so, but primary need is so your own willpower.... & it's very easy at your age to get set go.....
Management of anxiety mostly consists of Pharmacotherapy (medicines & psychotherapy combined)... With the trio of self determination, psychoanalysis & counselling & antidepressant drugs prescribed by a psychotherapist/psychiatrist, you would be more confident, enthusiastic & successful.
So cheer up! Set your mind positive, take an appointment with a psychotherapist & start with the therapy as well as medicine.
You can practice mind concentration exercises/meditation, use mind & body relaxation technique for good sleep.
I hope that answers your query.
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain patch for chronic pain
- Pain pumps for chronic pain
- What causes chronic pain in hands and legs
- Chronic pain after hysteroscopy
- How to cure chronic pain in the right groin area
- Will duragesic treat chronic pain?
- Chronic pain in groin leg weakness
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain of back and legs
- Chronic pain morphine drip
- How to overcome the chronic pain that i am experiencing