How can chronic ear infection be treated?
Depend on the site of infection
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but the choice of an antibiotic depends on the site infection which I would like you to clarify .. for example doxycycline is used to treat middle ear or sinus infection while metronidazole is used to treat skin , stomach and respiratory infections and so on..
Also if you have tried two types of antibiotics that have not been effective in clearing the infection then I would recommend that you get a culture followed by a culture and sensitivity test to detect which antibiotic your infection is sensitive to and for how long you should be receiving it.. I hope you find this helpful..
Dear sir, hello again.. considering the source and site of infection the causative organism is probably pseudomonas aeruginosa which is usually resistant to penicillins , aminoglycosides and betalactams ..
This is why I would recommend the use of ciprofloxacin or a third generation cephalosporin as Suprax or ceftazidime.. I hope you find this helpful ..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will azithromycin treat ear infection
- Ciprofloxacin to treat ear infections
- Treat ear infections in adults
- Symptoms of chronic ear infections
- How is ear infection in children treated
- Will doxycycline treat ear infection
- Chronic ear infections causes
- How to treat an ear infection
- Diagnosis of chronic ear infections
- Will cipro treat ear infection
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?