• question-icon

How can chronic discoid eczema be treated?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi. I have a skin problem I need to ask about.
Some history. I have chronic discoid eczema, comes every other year, and takes months to clear. I'm suferring from an ocurrence right now.
Another thing. About a month ago, I broke out yet into another eczema. It looks like tiny pimples, very itchy, no blisters. It appeared on my tighs first, then on my stomach and in my armpits. It seems to calm down for a bit, then it comes back again. Doc said it is atopycal dermatitis.
Here is my question. A few days ago, I new thing appeared. It is right under my butt cheeks, where my legs begin. It is on both sides, but it is worse on the left. I scratched it before I could see it, it is very itchy. It looks like a patch of red skin. It does have tiny bumps inside, but I'm not sure if they are pimples, or blisters, as I scratched them. It feels dry on touch.
My question is if this last thing could be herpes. I started seeing a new person recently, I'm a female, he is a male. We have not had sex yet, but he did touch me down there for a few minutes. However, he touched my clit, with his hands, not the area this breakout is at. So could this be a herpes outbreak? I have no other symptoms like fever, pain, etc. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't look like herpes, seems to be eczematous patches

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your history as well as reviewed the attached photographs though they are not very clear.
According to your complaints it doesn't look like herpes.
These patches seem to be that of eczema.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist