How can chronic anemia symptoms be managed and would B12 injections help like it did previously?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 13 Aug 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have used B12 injections in the past to combat chronic amemia in the middle east how do I get back on as the symptoms have returned
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YOu are correct!

Detailed Answer:

With gastric bypass, your gut can no longer absorb vitamin B12 because the intrinsic factor produced from the stomach which is very important in its absorption is greatly affected.

Please talk to your doctor. It is your right and it is to begin with very much justified in your case to receive the VitB12 shots, All you need is to bring this up. Any doctor would do this without hesitating. B12 is no controlled substance. Should your doctor refuse, inform me and also spell out the reasons for review.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 25 minutes later
Thank you for your support Should I go to a doctor with internal medicine specialty or GP ?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Internal medicine!

Detailed Answer:

internal medicine is your preferred choice. However, most primary care doctors in the USA are internists.

I wish you well and keep me updated.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 40 hours later
Am I able to get an online prescription for B12 injection with this consultation ?

Most of the doctors contacted in our medical plans have extremely long wait list for appointments and will cost me money outside of covered by insurance plans. If B12 is not a controlled substance why us it so difficult with my history and my gastric bypass history for me to get support for a continual Rx?

Any help finding a more practical support ?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unfortunately, I can't prescribe online!

Detailed Answer:

It is rather unfortunate I cannot prescribe online. I am so sorry about this. Try shopping around more, that's all I can propose. I wish you were in my area and we would have received you anytime.

Keep me updated