How can burns on the hand be treated after soaking it in cold water?
Apply local cream
It is good that you have immediately put your hand under cold water.This will reduce the inflammation to a considerable extent.Application of ice packs will help even better.You may expect a fluid filled bleb over the burnt area that would remain for at least 4-5 days.
Avoid friction or application of anything hot on the affected area.Apply local soothing creams over the burn part.Silver Sulphadiazine creams and Mupirocin ointment are the best local applicants.
Take antibiotics orally for 3 days. Do not try to burst open the bleb forcefully by squeezing or pricking it by needle/pin. Instead,let it settle down on its own.If these measures do not help,consult your nearest doctor immediately.
I hope the answer was useful.
Dr. Mahaveer Patil,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?