How can burning sensations around the genitals be treated?
Possibly due to the prostate enlargement. Long-term antibiotic therapy recommended.
Thank You for posting on HealthcareMagic.
This burning sensation in your age comes due to the enlarged prostate, often accompanied by the urinary infection.
Normally it is better if you make a urine culture to check the right antibiotic for usage. Meanwhile, Ciprofloxacine (as you are taking) is a good choice.
I would also recommend to measure PSA (prostatic specific agent) values and to keep an eye on your prostate. Against the enlargement, you can consider alpha-blockers medication and regarding the enlarged dimension, also the surgery.
Meanwhile, please note that the antibiotic therapy for prostatitis may last several weeks.
If you have other questions, please feel free to post them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat burning sensation in my urinary tract
- How to treat uti with abdominal pain and burning sensation
- Fenugreek burning sensation in genitals
- How to treat chest burning sensation and pain
- How to treat burning sensation during urination
- Genital and thigh burning sensation
- How is burning sensation on penis treated
- How to treat uti with burning sensation
- Genitals burning sensation shower
- How to treat vaginal ulcer with itch and burning sensation