How can breathlessness, anxiety attacks and difficulty in supine position be treated?
He is having orthopnea so first rule out heart diseases.
Your husband seems to be suffering with orthopnea ( breathing difficulty in supine position - sleeping).
In this case, we should definitely rule out heart diseases first. I would suggest getting ECG and 2d echo done.
If both these are normal then no need to worry for heart diseases.
Uncontrolled stress and anxiety can also cause sleeping problems. Therefore it will also be wise to consult psychiatrist and get done counselling sessions and anxiolytic drugs.
Don't worry, he will be alright.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long do anxiety attacks last
- How to stop anxiety attacks from smoking weed
- How to treat chronic back pain with severe anxiety attacks
- Post coital anxiety attacks
- How to eliminate anxiety attacks
- How to stop heart flutters from anxiety attack
- Taking klonopin for anxiety attack
- How to cure anxiety attack
- Celexa and anxiety attacks
- Side effects of anxiety attacks