How can blockage in the ears be treated despite using Peroxide?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Fri, 9 Nov 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I was cleaning my ear with a q-tip and my ear blocked up and I can't seem to get it unblocked. I poured some peroxide in it but it hasn't helped.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

It is normal

Detailed Answer:

This is normal sometimes while cleaning the ear air block can happen in the middle ear.

Pour some warm water for a minute in ear and remove. Chew a chewing gum or gargle some warm water it will be unblocked.

Pinch the nostrils shut, take a mouthful of air, and direct the air into the back of the nose as if trying to blow the nose gently.

You should feel a pressure buildup but do not let the air out your mouth The ears have been successfully unblocked when a pop sound is heard.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Nagamani Ng, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng