How can bleeding sores on the buttocks be treated despite using Peroxide?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Lump
Question: i have sores on each buttock that seem to heal but then come back in the exact same location, become very
pimple like and when icthed to relieve the pressure they bleed a lot. I've tried peroxide,alcohol pads, and avoiding scratching but they keep coming back every 2-3 weeks.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information and post clear photographs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Please give additional details for me to assist you better:
Since when is the problem present?
Please post clear and focused photos as they sometimes help for on-the-spot diagnosis.
What is the size of sores?
Any medical problems like diabetes or so?
Any other information please.
Awaiting.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 32 minutes later
they showed up about 6 mo ago

smaller than but up to half XXXXXXX size?

no health issues

not able to provide photo
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
From the history you have provided such lesions can be due to one of the following reasons:
recurrence at the same spots:
Localized dermatitis with fungal infection: These have tendency to recur.
Sort of FDR that is fixed drug reaction: can be due to some medicine in past and instigated over time and again due to similar allergens in the form of something in foods, beverages, local contacts or in atmosphere around.
The Photos help in pin-pointing the cause.
Only an antihistamine and steroid can help in such a case; needs a prescription after careful clinical evaluation.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
thanx, very helpful
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for appreciation.