How can blackened and chipped toenails be treated?
the right one started turning black and receding from the nail bed for no reason now the other is all white and he said it is falling off. I am at a loss?
Possible diagnosis: Gangrene
The symptoms you described is concerning for possible gangrene. Gangrene is tissue death and can occur due to infection, trauma, decreased blood supply etc.
No matter whatever the case, it is a medical emergency. So please be advised to go to the nearest emergency room as soon as possible.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to revive a dead toenail
- Treating toenail fungal infection
- Treating a smashed toenail purple
- How to regrow a toenail
- How to lighten bruised toenails
- Buergers diseases blackened toenail
- Skin blackened on tip of toenail
- How long to regrow a toenail
- How to treat infected ingrown toenail
- Treat toenail fungus
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...