• question-icon

How can anxiety and stress be treated?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi Doctor, if my heart gets a shock when a van zoomed passed behind of me, is it normal? Is it signs of weak heart, need to go for ECG? I also feel stress whenever people hurry me to "faster faster" while doing things.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No Need to do anything,

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear

After going through the query provided by you i would like to tell you that its a pretty normal phenomenon and a normal human instinct that protects us from upcoming threat or dangerous situations by stimulating the sympathetic system of our body and triggering fight or flight phenomenon and release of adrenaline.

IF YOU ARE NOT A HYPERTENSIVE OR A DIABETICS then there is no need of any evaluation as of now.

Feel free to ask back if you have any doubts.

Kind Regards
DR Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later

How about feeling stressed whenever I hear others telling me to "faster" ?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Its just your anxiety and stress that is troubling you. You should try to stay clam and do not over think and get stressed.

I would like to suggest you to start practicing YOGA/MEDITATION as it will help boost your self confidence and combat your anxiety levels.

But even after all these things if you feel helpless then you need to take the help of a psychologist.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 16 hours later

Thank you doctor for replies. How about late in the night, when I enter my quiet bedroom and hear my phone ringing and suddenly got a shock. (although it is nice music ringtone). Is this natural instinct?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
It's all your thought process that's disturbing you, that's why I told you to start with yoga/ meditation and if these things are happening quite to often with you and disturbing your daily life take the help of a psychologist for conditional and behavioural therapy.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist