How can angulation deformity and fusion of the fingers be treated in a child?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on 5 days ago in Pregnancy
Question: Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android pls find below an X-ray report of my 7months Old child. could you please guide on the best possible options and where to get treatment in Nigeria and options elsewhere. Both hands Carpal/metacarpal bones and phalanges appear normal on the left.There is abscencce of 2nd metacarpal bone demonstrated on the right,with poorly developed 3rd metacarpal on the same side.Angulation deformity and fusion of the fingers are also noted Impression: Syndactily with?clinodactily on the right
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Kindly upload the report again.

Detailed Answer:

Kindly upload the report because I am unable to see it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 hours later
Both hands
Carpal/metacarpal bones and phalanges appear normal on the left.There is abscencce of 2nd metacarpal bone demonstrated on the right,with poorly developed 3rd metacarpal on the same side.Angulation deformity and fusion of the fingers are also noted
Impression:
Syndactily with?clinodactily on the right
Above is an X-ray report of my seven months child. Could you please advice on what to do to salvage the situation. Could you also recommend a good hospital either in Nigeria or elsewhere to assist.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 26 hours later
Brief Answer:

Please consult with paediatric surgeon.

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for such a long delay in my response but i am unable to see your child x-ray report.

Now I have gone through his reports and in my opinion you have to consult a good paediatric surgeon because in his case he needs surgery and it is perform at the age of 3 months to one year.

Usually, these type of defect occurred in down syndrome and another congenital anomaly, so sorry to ask you but have you check on those ground also.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Richa Agarwal, OBGYN