How can anemia be treated?

Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hi Doctor, I would like to take your opinion on case of Amenia patient. We have been receiving advice which are contradicting in nature. According to one of the doctor we have been advised to go take injection booster while another doctor suggested to take medication on long term basis. Attaching all diagnosing report and prescription provided by doctor
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Investigations are not attached with the query.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

There is no report attached with your question.
However, it is evident from your query that you or your near one has been suffering from anemia.
Anemia refers to low hemoglobin in body.
Low hemoglobin can occur due to dietary deficiency, blood loss of inability to form hemoglobin in body.
The investigations required to assess anemia are complete blood counts, peripheral blood examination and reticulocyte count.
In case you have got these investigations done, please post the reports or get these investigations done if you haven't got them done.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja Puri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Shailja Puri 12 hours later
OK Thanks for your reply. I will provide all documents over email shortly.
Brief Answer:
I am waiting for your reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome again,
I can give information about your concern once I receive the reports.

Dr Shailja Puri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Hi Team,

I have already sent an email to YYYY@YYYY couple of hours back with sub "attn Dr Indranil Ghosh" please check and get back.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for uploading your reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome again,
Thanks for uploading your reports.

Admin, please re-direct the reports to me.

Thanks
Dr Shailja Puri