How can anal rashes be treated while the area is moist from intermittent loose stools?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 24 Apr 2019 in Child Health
Question: hi doctor, my baby has rashes near anus, it had healed partially but die to stool motions I am not able to keep that area dry and its not getting healed, what should j do... its more than a week now
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:

You need to keep the area dry

Detailed Answer:

It is good to know that the rashes have at least partially healed. I understand that intermittent loose stools are moistening the area. But as soon as you clean the area you need to ensure that the area is dry.

There can be no shortcuts and use of diapers will only make the matter worse. You have to take the hard way of using baby powder and keeping the area exposed. I am certain that it would resolve soon.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy