How can an ureteric calculi be treated?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 10 Jan 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a stone of 10.8*7.5 mm (HU 1114) noted in right upper ureter at the level of l4 vertebral body. I wanted to know the solution and cost in XXXXXXX Also how should I prepare for it and any side effects of solution.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get investigated further .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query .

Based on the facts that ou have posted it appears that you have a stone in the Rt Upper Ureter .

You need to consult qualified Urologist for following further investigations
1) Intravenous Pyelography .(I.V. P.) to assess the function of the Right Kidney and back pressure changes in the kidney due to stone .
2)) Renal Function Tests .

Further modality of the treatment will be decided by concerned urologist depending upon the results of these tests Whether it can be treated by ESWL or need for endoscopic surgery of URS .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.