Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

How can an irritated clitoris be treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 299 Questions
irritated clitoris, sore when walking and even do I fix this? Had it once before and was on vacation, went to an ER I was in so much pain. Dr used some numbing cream which helped immediately but don't remember the name or anything else....
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: How can an irritated clitoris be treated ? 10 minutes later
Is there anything I can do at home now?
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 28 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

An irritated clitoris could be due to vaginal dryness or an infection.

After one attains menopause, there will be a lot of hormonal changes in a woman which leads to vaginal dryness as well as infections.This could present with sores, pain , itching and discomfort on activity.

You must get an XXXXXXX examination done from a Gynecologist.

Tests like blood counts, urine routine and microscopy,blood sugar may be suggested.

Here are a few things which could help you

1.Do not wash the area with soap or other cosmetic preparations .Use plain water or Lactacyd feminine hygiene liquid if available.(you can discuss this option with your doctor)
2.Wear loose cotton undergarments
3.Increase the intake of water to 3 to 5 lts a day
4.You may discussing the options of Estrogen creams for vaginal dryness with you gynecologist.
5.Take Tab.IBUPROFEN for pain relief if you experience too much pain.
6.If it is an infection , suitable antibiotics will be needed for a week or more.

Hope I answered your query.I am available for follow ups as well
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor