How can an eye stye be treated as per the attached image?
My wife got a boil on her eyelid. Please find the image attached. It was there since her delivery 7months back but now it is growing and caused pain for couple of days and now it’s not paining. Please suggest what could it be and what needs to be done.
Infected sebaceous cyst
Hello. Thank you for asking.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
It's a sebaceous cyst. The central black dot or punctum is typical of sebaceous cyst.
A Sebaceous cyst may grow slowly over months or years.
Perhaps it got infected and therefore it pained.
I suggest a course of oral antibiotic for a week e.g either Cap. Amoxicillin or Cap. Cephalexin 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
Topically she may use either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin 2 %ointment, twice daily. That would take care of the infection.
Once the infection resolves the cyst needs to be taken out in toto along with its lining wall. This would require a minor surgery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body