How can an abscess on the breast be treated after an insect bite?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have an insect bite we think that caused an abscess on my breast. Being treated with Keflex. Having muscle pain in legs, lower back and tingling in legs. Have also had lumbar spinal fusion. Should I get checked for rhabdomyolysis?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be nerve related.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Muscle pain low back pain and tingling in legs is more likely to be a nerve related cause. Can be due to mild nerve root irritation and weakness after an infection. Methylcobalamin deficiency and electrolyte abnormalities can also cause such symptoms.

We need to confirm the diagnosis by getting your blood sugar levels, vitamin B 12 levels and a neurological examination from a neurologist done. You should eat a healthy diet consisting more of meat and non veg products which are sources of vitamin B 12. If you are a vegetarian then you can take vitamin B 12 supplements after consulting your physician.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Thank you. I thought it was probably due to nerve problem. I have had 2 lumbar laminectomies and a lumbar spinal fusion.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nerve problem is likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
After a spine surgery further degenerative changes may happen causing a nerve compression. The symptoms will improve with methylcobalamin supplements.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.