Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How can an MRSA rash between the nose and upper lip be treated?

Jan 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 7517 Questions
I have a Mrsa rash my general practitioner thinks on my skin between my nose and upper lip. I have a med but I cant get cpmpletely rid of it.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information and preferably an image of the affected area

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I would like to know the medicine that has been prescribed by your GP. In addition I would also like to have a look at the affected skin. You may upload a few images in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better. Was the area swabed and cultured and antibiotic sensitivity performed? MRSA is resistant to multiple antibiotics therefore a culture and antibiotic sensitivity testing is a must.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor