How can an MRSA rash between the nose and upper lip be treated?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I have a Mrsa rash my general practitioner thinks on my skin between my nose and upper lip. I have a med but I cant get cpmpletely rid of it.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information and preferably an image of the affected area

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I would like to know the medicine that has been prescribed by your GP. In addition I would also like to have a look at the affected skin. You may upload a few images in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better. Was the area swabed and cultured and antibiotic sensitivity performed? MRSA is resistant to multiple antibiotics therefore a culture and antibiotic sensitivity testing is a must.