How can abnormal glucose, BUN, creatinine and eGFR results be diagnosed and treated in an elderly woman?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 4 Oct 2019 in Cancer
Question: Good evening....I’m a bit concerned. My wife is 74.5 years of age....active, very health conscious, and I consider in excellent physical condition. She walks 2 miles per day, is 4’11, weighs 100lbs......however, recently her glucose was score was 99mg/dL, BUN was 25, Creatinine 1.21mg/dL, and 44 eGFR ( native Italian)....Sodium 135mmol/L, Glucose 99mg/dL........
Should we be concerned about her kidney functions? Should we consult a renal expert.....is there dietary suggestions?
Thank you greatly.

The results of the blood and urine tests were otherwise all within the normal range. The ones I provide were the only ones outside the normal range.....
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exams

Detailed Answer:
Hi

In my opinion you should not be concerd about those values of the examinations.

At the moment in my opinion she should stay hydrate because the dehydration is
one of the reasons of this resaults

Also she must eliminate a high-protein diet and repeat the tests after 10-14 days

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy