How can abdominal pain be treated during abdominal exercises?

Question
Hi , I was earlier having 52 body weight and a regular in gymn. Now I am 45yrs age , 100+ weight . I am trying to regain the pace and started doing exercise in gym . I do Cardiac and then followed by weight. But while doing abdominal exercise there happens to be muscle cramp with pain . Nothing seems to come in rescue ..after some time while breathing is normal and using pain reliever it normalizes. But with the given symptoms it will difficult to focus on abdominal exercise ...shape it out !
Please help
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Weight Loss

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fluid electrolyte balance is crucial

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The abdominal cramps could be due to an electrolyte imbalance. I would insist you to take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps. You also need to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to ensure a balance of fluids and salts.

The abdominal muscles need to be syatematically trained. You need to talk to your gym trainer for a customized exercise regimen.

Let me know if I could help further.