How can a trigger finger be treated?

Question
I seem to have a case of “trigger finger”. It is the ring finger on my non-dominate left hand. It started with soreness in the palm and i treated it with just heat and ibuprofin. The symptoms seem to come on overnight without excessive use. Most of the soreness is gone, but the finger still continues to lock towards the palm. What’s the next step if it does persist? Cortizone shot? I would like to avoid surgery. Thanks for any advise. XXXXXXX Fitzpatrick
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A splint may help

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear Mike!
Thank you for asking Health Care Magic.
I have gone through your question and i understand your concern.
One of the possible cause of your condition may be the "trigger finger " as you mentioned .The flexor tendon of your ring finger has become thick, not allowing you to move your finger freely.

I would suggest to :
-Go to your local doctor for a full evaluation and to confirm the diagnosis .
-Keep taking Ibuprofen and use warm compresses to speed up the recovery.

-Use a custom-made splint in your finger so you can have it in a certain position.If it does not help the cortizone injection is the next step.
The surgery should be done as the last option.

Wish the answer is helpfull.
Take Care !
Dr Rudina.